A manufacturing concern are seeking a hands on Pattern Maker to join their team.
Open position : Pattern Maker
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Reporting to : Tooling and Technical Training Manager
Working hours : Monday to Thursday (07:00 – 16:30) and Friday (07:00 – 14:00)
Job requirements :
- Grade 12
- 3 years experience in the timber workshop environment
- Working knowledge of and experience in using electrical drilling machines and grinders
- Understanding of materials – expansion and contraction
- Ability to use vernier, laser, height gauge and other tools necessary for calibration
- Understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- Ability to use high speed tools, band saws, planer and wood thickness planer
- Hand skills
- Attention to detail
- Providing tooling according to acceptable standards.
- Repairing tools in line with specifications required.
- Conducting calibrations of fixtures.
- Making trim jigs, fastrack templates, trade mark jugs and crates for transporting equipment.
- Manufacturing checking fixtures from a sample glass or from an aperture.
- Assisting production runs with any concerns regarding the tools.
- Providing advice on issues with regards to tools.
- Obtaining advice from specialists with regards to special cases and implemented suggested ideas to remedy problems.
Source: Job Mail RSS feed | Eastern Cape
74 total views, 1 today